It’s only 10.50 am and it is already 16C outside, and it’s meant to go up to highs of 21C over the afternoon. What is going on? It’s November tomorrow and it’s warmer now than it was during the entirety of August. I think this is the reason I’m not feeling very Halloween-ey today. I want to spend the day snuggled up watching Tim Burton movies, with the fire on, whilst it’s all cold and blustery outside but instead I’m sat wearing a t-shirt considering whether I should put a coat on when I go out later. I was standing in the doctors waiting room this morning and I actually caught myself fanning my sweaty face with a leaflet.
I’ve had to change my plans because this was originally meant to be a pumpkin spiced normal mocha, normal meaning hot because that’s what you’re meant to be indulging in this time of year. It is now an iced pumpkin spiced mocha, however I reckon it’s turned out for the best because now I get to use my fancy Halloween mould to make some coffee ice cubes (which you can also use in Baileys, my mother happily pointed out to me last night).
Enjoy your evenings!
FOR THE PUMPKIN SPICED ICE CUBES
- 1-2 teaspoon ground coffee, bolder the better
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
FOR THE MOCHA
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, left to cool
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 milk of choice
1) To make the ice cubes, brew the coffee and add the spices. Mix until combined and leave to cool completely. Pour into your ice cube mould and leave to freeze overnight.
2) When you are ready to make, pour the cold brewed coffee and the cocoa powder into a glass and stir to combine. Pop in a couple ice cubes and then pour over the milk. Voila.