Deliciously dark chocolate, salty ground and whole roasted peanuts, combined with the sweet but chewy texture of banana chips. That is the best trio of flavours for me right there, I just can’t even… The best. These ingredients combined provide an indulgent, devilish dish. They can be achieved in many ways, one being chocolate dipped frozen bananas with crunchy peanut butter (it’s even healthy!) Not so healthy is today’s recipe, and seeing as we’re nearing the end of National Breakfast Week I think it’s okay to be a little bit naughty.
You can’t beat a bit of granola, sprinkled atop of some yogurt and fruit, or even just a big bowl of it warmed up with some almond milk. It’s a tasty and satisfying breakfast and you can add, or take away, anything you want to it. Whatever floats your boat. Mine includes all those ingredients I mentioned above, a handful of dried banana, peanut flour and whole peanuts for that extra bite. The chocolate hit is provided by a bar of melted 82% dark, with some added cocoa nibs. It’s rich and luxurious so you don’t need too much of it, don’t put yourself into some sort of coma here. Have a great weekend folks 🙂
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 1/2 cup bran flakes, crushed
- 1/4 cup peanut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup banana chips
- a small handful of cocoa nibs
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds, dried fruit and nuts of choice
- 1/2 bar 82% chocolate, melted
- 1/8 cup oil of choice
- 1 tablespoon honey
1) Preheat the oven to 160C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl combine oats, flax seed, bran flakes, peanut flour, and salt. Next add the peanuts, banana chips, and any seeds/ dried fruit you wish to add.
3) In another bowl, mix oil, honey and the melted chocolate together. Pour this over the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly so that everything is coated.
4) Scrape mix onto a single layer onto the tray and bake for half hour. Give it a quick mix half way through. Cool completely before serving.
5) Top with anything you like!