Just a quick one today guys, we’re in the process of having a new bathroom so there’s been lots of builders in the house. I had to wash my hair in the kitchen sink on Wednesday. HIGHLIGHT.
It’s been getting a little chilly outside, which I love, so I’ve been fuelling myself with lots of hot drinks and comfort foods. I’ve been making this chocolate orange hot chocolate which is quite a delight but it’s obviously missing something to dunk in it. I’ve been using Willie’s ‘Luscious Orange’ so I chopped the leftovers into massive chunks and folded them in along with some almonds, just for extra measure.
I don’t like crunchy cookies. It’s just not right. I want super soft, chewy cookies that fold off into my hands and these do exactly that. I drizzled some 50% milk over the top too because you can never have enough good chocolate. There are always people that come up to me and say ‘it’s rich, I feel satisfied after one piece’ and here’s me nodding along. You’re all insane. Eat the whole thing, go on.
- 75g butter, softened
- 70g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100g high quality orange chocolate, chopped roughly
- large handful almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g plain flour
- 50g high quality milk chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Combine the bicarb with a teaspoon of water and then add to the butter mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate and almonds. Don’t overmix.
- Add the flour until just combined.
- Spoon teaspoons of the batter onto the tray, 8cm apart from each other (they’ll spread!) and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the tray for a little bit before setting on a wire tray to cool completely.
- Drizzle over the melted chocolate once cooled.