I saw that title on a poster once. You know when you go home and start obsessing over the item you should of bought but didn’t? Yep.
I love hummus, in fact I’d go as far to say it’s one of my major food groups alongside peanut butter. There are others but y’know, these are most important. It’s incredibly easy to make, and you can add whatever flavours you wish, hey you even combine both hummus and peanut butter just like the lovely Poppy over at The West Sky did. Culinary genius.
SERVES 3-6/ RECIPE FROM JAMIE OLIVER
- 1 X 200g can of chickpeas (keep half of the liquid)
- 2 teaspoons light tahini
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, crushed
- 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil (plus any extra for drizzling)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
- paprika, optional
- Rinse the chickpeas under cold water and then add to a food processor. You can leave a few out to top with later.
- Add the tahini, garlic, salt, liquid from the chickpeas, and lemon juice and blitz.
- Slowly add the oil whilst the mixture comes together. It will be done when everything is combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a dish, top with any remaining chickpeas and dust over some paprika if using. Drizzle over olive oil.