HAPPY NEW YEAR!
albeit a bit late.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and it was all magic and sparkles. I spent the majority of that time at the shop but I work with the best group of people and being able to come home to my very loving and understanding family, friends and other half made it completely worth it. I’m very glad to have a little bit of time now, even though I’ve spent that clearing out my room which has taken DAYS, but at least I can get back into a bit of baking. Hopefully
Cue the first recipe of the year which comes in the form of these little jammy devils! The recipe is from Probably This, which I stumbled across not too long ago but jumped straight onto because tahini in anything is always a good idea. Tahini is made from ground sesame seeds and is veryyyy nutrient dense, the darker the tahini the healthier it is but that equals in a slightly bitter taste. It’s SO SO verstaile, good in desserts, savouries, salad dressings, houmous! Can’t have houmous without tahini. See, it’s good already.
Arguably you could say this is healthy. Apart from the jam, chocolate and sugar. Sorry guys.
RECIPE FROM PROBABLY THIS
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1/2 cup tahini
1/2 cup raspberry jam (or flavour of your choice)
6 oz white chocolate, chopped (plus extra for drizzling)
- Preheat the oven to 170C and line a baking tin with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, combine egg, butter and brown sugar.
- Sift in the flour mixture and then fold in tahini, 1/4 cup of the jam and white chocolate.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes.
- Immediately spread over the remaining jam. Cut the squares in the tin and leave to cool completely before removing or they will fall apart.
- When cool, drizzle over the white chocolate and leave to set!