Breakfast. Greatest meal of the day.
Overnight oats are one of the greatest breakfasts for many, many reasons. Here’s a list.
- They’re easy.
- You can prep them the evening before so you can have those extra zzz’s on a morning
- You can make annyyyyy flavour
- They’re portable (for when you sleep in a bit too much
- You can have them cold or warm, weather permitting.
- They’re FILLING.
- They taste good AND they’re healthy.
I always have the problem of eating my breakfast super early and then getting hungry by 9am. I can’t eat lunch at 9am. Overnight oats, however, leave me feeling satisfied all morning so I can get on with it without craving my next meal 30 minutes later.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I used almond but coconut would be ideal!)
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt (I used Alpro)
- 1 teaspoon honey/ maple syrup/ agave syrup
- Toppings: sliced strawberries, toasted oats, dried fruit, anything you desire,
- The evening before, place the oats, milk, yogurt and sweetener into a jar. Give it a good stir/ shake and pop it into the fridge.
- The next morning you can either place your toppings into the jar and take it with you or enjoy leisurely at home, hot or cold.